There are several invoice channels, i.e., ways to send invoices, in Procountor. This article covers information of different invoice channels and how they function.
- Invoice channel means the way the invoice is sent forward from Procountor.
- There are four invoice channels in Procountor: Mail, Email, E-invoice and No sending (can be used if the invoice is sent outside Procountor, for example, from user’s personal email).
- Default invoice channel can be defined to a customer in customer register, but it is also possible to define the invoice specific invoice channel when creating the invoice.
- When clicking the Send button, the invoice transfers to Invoices to be sent list, where it stays until its due date. If the invoice’s due date is the current day or within three days, the invoice is immediately sent, and it is no longer possible to cancel. The invoices will be sent from Procountor three days before their due date.
Invoice channels to use
- The invoice is electronically sent from Procountor to a printing service (Apix Messaging Oy), which will print the invoice, put it into an envelope and mail it. The invoices sent to the printing service before 10am will usually be mailed at the same day. The envelope is size C5 (22,9 cm x 16,2 cm) with a 9 cm x 6 cm window. The window is located 1,8 cm from the left-hand side and 1,5 cm from the top of the envelope. The invoices to be mailed have a bar code in the envelope’s window, since it enables automatic enveloping.
- Attachments in gif, jpeg, PDF and txt forms can be sent with the invoice. Also, it can be selected if the invoice is black and white or with colors and if the invoice is mailed in priority or in economy mail. It should be acknowledged that according to Posti, the economy mail arrives usually three working days after mailing.
- The mailing address is automatically searched from the customer’s info in customer register, but it can also be entered on the Invoice view before sending the invoice. The invoice will stay on Sent status until the payment is allocated to it.
- The sales invoice is sent electronically from Procountor to the customer’s system. The e-invoice used (eInvoice or Finvoice) is selected automatically based on the customers address (weather the customer has eInvoice or Finvoice address).
- Attachments in gif, jpeg, PDF and txt forms can be sent with the invoice. Although, the electronic invoice operator must be acknowledged when it comes to attachments.
- Finvoice e-invoice standard does not support sending the attachments with the electronic invoice. When the invoice is sent from Procountor, the link to the attachments is sent with the invoice. By clicking the link, the customer can observe the invoice and its attachments in PDF form.
- If the invoice is sent in eInvoice form (the e-invoice operator is Apix Messaging oy) and the customer’s e-invoice operator is a bank, the attachments will not be transferred with the invoice. When the eInvoice is changed to Finvoice between the operators, the information of the attachments will not transfer.
- If the invoice is sent as an eInvoive and the customer receives it as an eInvoice, the attachments will be transferred with the invoice.
- The electronic invoice address is automatically searched from the customer’s info in customer register, but it can also be entered on the Invoice view before sending the invoice. In Procountor, the electronic invoice address has three parts, which are electronic invoice address, EDI and electronic invoice operator. Electronic invoice address and electronic invoice operator must be entered by the user and the EDI will be entered automatically. Alternatively, the electronic invoice address can be searched with TIEKE button. Further information about an e-invoice channel can be found here.
- After sending the invoice, the invoice will stay on Sent status until the payment is allocated to it.
- Further information about electronic invoices.
- The invoice will be sent as a PDF file attachment to the customer by e-mail. Attachments in gif, jpeg, PDF and txt format can be attached to sales invoices sent by email. The email address is retrieved from customer information, or it can be entered on the Invoice. The invoice will stay on Sent status until the payment is allocated to it.
- In the emails that are sent through Procountor, the sender's address is always firstname.lastname@example.org, but the email's metadata includes the address that's saved in Basic info view (Management > Company info > Basic info) as the invoicing contact person's email address. The address included in the metadata will be shown for the email's receiver, when they open the message and use the "reply" function. If there's no invoicing contact person's email address determined in Procountor, the address included in the metadata will be the address that's saved in the sender’s Personal information and settings. If the user has not saved their email in Personal information and settings, the address included in the metadata will be the same as the sending address (email@example.com).
- The message body of sales invoices sent by e-mail contains the information needed to pay the invoice (invoice number, due date, sum, bank reference code, account number and barcode), and the header contains the word Invoice, the invoice number and the name of the company sending the invoice.
- When No sending is chosen as an invoice channel, the invoice will not be sent from Procountor, but it can be downloaded through a preview and then it can be sent, for example, from user’s own email (if the purpose is to send the invoice at all).
- For example, in the case of cash sales the invoice will not be sent.
- The invoice will stay on Sent status until the payment is allocated to it.
Invoice channels by receipt type
Invoices and orders
- Sales invoice’s (group invoices included) invoice channel can be E-invoice, Email, Mail or No sending.
- Payment reminder’s invoice channel can be Email, Mail or Phone/No sending.
- The invoice channel Phone means that the reminder is given outside Procountor, for example, by a phone call.
- Sales order’s (and offer’s) invoice channel can be Email, Mail or No sending.
- Purchase invoice view provides information about invoice receiving address and operator if invoice is received as an e-invoice or as a scanned invoice. For e-invoices receiving operator and address information are available. In case of scanned invoice only operator information is available as receiving address can be seen from the scanned image.
- Invoice channel, operator and address information cannot be edited if invoice has been created manually.
- The invoice channel of purchase invoice is irrelevant, aside from indicating whether the invoice was received electronically.
- The image of purchase invoice received as e-invoices or through the scanning service will be shown as file attachments. The invoice channel of purchase invoice received through the scanning service is Mail, and that of invoices received as e-invoices is e-invoice.
- Purchase order' invoice channel can be Email, Mail or No sending.
Travel and expense invoice
- Travel and expense invoices do not have invoice channels.
- Journals do not have invoice channels.
- Group letters can be sent by Mail or E-mail.
- Salary slip’s invoice channel can be Email, e-salary, Mail, No sending or Mobile.
Due to Procountor Mini usage being closed, Mobile salary cannot be selected as a salary channel after the end of March,2024.
- If wanted, Email’s usage as an invoice channel can be prevented in usage settings.
Employee’s annual salary summary
- Can be sent to employees by Mail or E-mail.
Sales invoice fields
The fields displayed on sales invoices depend on the invoice channel used, as specified below: