Procountor includes all the tools required for invoicing and sales transaction processing. This article covers information about functions related to creating and sending sales invoices and sales ledger.
- In Procountor, sales invoices can be created one by one, or several at a time with Group invoice function or Contractual invoice function. Sales invoices can also be imported to Procountor from other softwares.
Single sales invoice
- In Procountor, sales invoices can be created either for customers saved in the customer register or for customers who are not saved in the register, i.e. on an empty invoice template.
- Sales invoices can be created by choosing New > Sales invoice, or by clicking on the Add to invoice button in the customer register.
- It is also possible to create a new sales invoice by selecting a previously created invoice and using the Copy invoice.
- When first saved, sales invoices are saved in Procountor’s database in Unfinished status and accounting is immediately generated for them based on the posting defaults. When an invoice is complete and approved, its status will change to Not sent. After that the invoice can easily be sent using the desired invoice channel.
- Group invoice function can be used to create several similar sales invoices simultaneously. This is an easy method for creating multiple invoices quickly.
- The function is accessed by clicking on the Group invoice button in the New sales invoice view (New > Sales invoice).
- Group invoices can be used in the following situations, for example:
- When creating several identical invoices for different customers (e.g. for membership fees)
- When creating monthly invoices (e.g. for lease payments)
- Contractual invoicing is an additional Procountor service subject to a fee.
- The service enables invoicing based on contracts. Contractual invoicing can be used to easily create invoices with identical contents that are sent to customers monthly or bi-annually.
- Contractual invoicing can be accessed through Registers > Contract invoicing.
- Contractual invoicing can be adopted by contacting Procountor’s customer service: contact form.
Importing invoicing data from other systems
- In addition to creating sales invoices singly or in batches in Procountor as described above, invoice data can also be imported from other systems.
- Invoices can be imported from ERP systems, project management software, online shops or point-of-sale systems.
- You can implement invoice data importing by using the Import data function found in the menu section (Management > Import data), or through the Automated invoice transfer
- Automated invoice transfer can be adopted by contacting Procountor’s customer service: contact form.
Delivery methods, i.e. invoice channels
Invoice channel must be defined when creating sales invoices. The Invoice channel refers to the method by which the sales invoice will be sent from Procountor. The following invoice channels are available:
- The invoice will be sent to the customer by mail, through Procountor’s printing and mailing service. After being sent, the invoice will be automatically printed out, inserted into an envelope and mailed.
- E-invoices will be sent to the e-invoicing address indicated on the invoice. An image of the invoice and its possible attachments will also be delivered with the invoice as PDF files. After being sent, the invoice is automatically transferred to the electronic invoicing operator for delivery.
- The invoice will be delivered via e-mail with a PDF image of the invoice and any attachments attached to the message. The e-mail will be sent automatically once the invoice has been sent from Procountor.
- As in the case of consolidated invoices, the invoice will not be sent at all. The invoice cannot be delivered automatically via Procountor.
Sending the invoice
- An individual approved (i.e. in the Not sent status) invoice can be delivered directly by clicking on the Send button on the Invoice view, if the invoice channel is Mail, E-invoice or E-mail.
- Several invoices can be approved and sent at once by selecting the Approval and sending of multiple sales invoices function from the drop-down menu that opens by clicking More actions button on Receipt search view. An invoice can only be sent once through the Approval and sending of multiple sales invoices function. If such an invoice needs to be sent, sending must be done by selecting the Send function from the right mouse button menu.
- A lost sales invoice can be resent.
- When an invoice is sent, it is transferred to the Invoices to be sent list, from which it will automatically be removed after being sent. If the invoice date is the current date, the invoice will be sent immediately. Invoices with future invoice dates will not be sent until three days before the invoice date.
Search for open invoices
- Open sales invoices are approved or sent but still unpaid sales invoices.
- Open invoices can be searched from Search > Open invoices.
Automatic reference allocation
- Procountor automatically retrieves bank statements and reference payment data from bank accounts linked to it.
- Reference payments are automatically allocated to open sales invoices based on their bank reference codes, and invoices are marked as paid on the basis of the payments (or as partly paid if the paid sum does not match the open sum).
- Procountor marks a sales invoice Paid if the allocated payment is less than 0,05€ over or under the open sum of the invoice. In this kind of case, the accounting can be corrected in the Accounting view of the bank statement.
- If the reference payments are not automatically allocated, payments can be allocated with Edit reference payment.
Sending payment reminders
- Payment reminders can be created and send for open sales invoices.
- Payment reminders are sent by first selecting the invoice in question on the Receipt search view, and then clicking on the Payment reminder.
- Text and delivery method can be selected for the payment reminder, after which it can be delivered through the mailing service or via e-mail.
- Multiple payment reminders can be sent at once by searching for the open invoices on the Receipt search view. The search can be limited to invoices requiring payment reminders. After searching, click on the Payment reminder On the opening view, select the invoices for which you wish to send reminders. Finish by selecting the text and delivery method for the reminders.
- From the same view, invoices can also be transferred to the reminder and collection services of Maksuvahti and Ropo Capital.
- Collection and penal expenses can be taken into use in Management > Company info > Usage settings.
Tools related to the ledger
- It is possible to create credit invoices and entering payment transactions to the invoice on the sales invoice’s special situations view.