All receipt types have their own accounting page and accounting entries in Procountor. These receipt types have their own default postings that are based on Procountors own default settings. Default postings can be modified in Management > Accounting info > Posting defaults.
When a receipt is saved an accounting page is created. When the receipt is modified that accounting page is updated.
Procountor uses the following receipt types:
- For sales transactions.
- For purchase transactions.
- For travel costs.
- Travel costs that are from kilometer allowances, daily allowances and meal allowances are reported to Income register.
- For expense costs.
- Only to make journal entries to Procountor.
- For calculating and paying salaries.
- Salary slips which have status Unfinished do not have an accounting page.
For calculating each month's VAT debt.
- The accounting rows in a VAT summary cannot be edited.The only modifiable data items are notes, date/entry period and transactions description. Viewing and dimensioning the accounting of VAT summaries can be done through the Create VAT summary page.
- Tax report creates an invoice.
- You cannot edit the accounting rows of VAT notifications or Employer contributions.You can view and dimension the accounting of these receipt types through the Create notification page.
- The accounting information of orders are not included in the official accounting meant in the Accounting Act. In other words, orders are not considered business transactions, nor are invoices with a status of Unfinished, Verified or Received.Invoices copied from orders (status Invoiced) do not have accounting pages.
- TITO and reference payment receipts are automatically generated when bank statement and reference payment materials are received from the bank.
- You can access the accounting pages of these receipt types from Payments > Bank statements and reference payments.
- Opening receipts are generated automatically when periods are closed.
- Opening receipts can be included in the general journal and general ledger by ticking the Show the opening receipts for the fiscal period item. The accounting pages of opening receipts can be accessed only through general journals or general ledgers created in detailed form. The accounting rows cannot be edited on these pages, but they can be dimensioned.
- The business transactions of the previous period will be taken into account when generating opening receipts.
- The employer’s separate report is only used to report a sickness insurance premium and to pay pay-withholding tax and a sickness insurance.
- Sent employer’s separate reports create payment invoice and accounting entries.
- This report is only for reporting and there is no invoice behind it.
File attachments can be added/viewed/deleted on the accounting pages of all receipt types.
Receipt numbering starts at one (sales invoice receipt numbering can be changed) and continues across fiscal years without being reset.
- Exceptions to this rule include opening receipts whose numbers are generated from the date, TITO receipts, which have the bank statement’s number, and reference payments which have individual ID numbers. Sales invoices and sales orders share the same receipt number series, as do purchase invoices and purchase orders.
- When an order is converted into an invoice, its receipt number does not change.