The Accounting report Transactions by dimensions report includes the accounting entries allocated according to the dimensions and with targeted accounting values matching the search criteria.
Transactions by dimensions report can be retrieved from Reports > Accounting reports (or alternatively Accounting > Accounting reports) by using the search criteria Accounting reporting type and choosing the Transactions by dimensions.
Further information about the different buttons at the top of the page that are the common for all the report types can be found from Accounting reports.
- Accounting report type - Choose Transactions by dimensions from the Accounting report type menu.
- Receipt date - Enter the time period of the searched report.
- Income statement accounts - The income statement accounts that should be included in the report can be chosen from the menu. As default, All, is chosen.
- Balance sheet accounts - The balance sheet accounts that should be included can be chosen from the menu. As default, All, is chosen.
- All accounts, which start with account number 1 or 2 are allocated as balance sheet accounts.
- Receipt status drop-down menu determines the statuses of invoices that are included in the report.
- Presentation options section includes selections:
- Hide creator in exports - option hides the name of the report’s creator from the Excel, HTML or PDF prints that are taken of the report.
- Hide company ID in exports
- Hide search options in exports
- Sorting order drop-down menu has two different sorting means: Ledger account-date-receipt-number (chosen as default) or Ledger account-receipt-type-receipt-number.
More Options menu is used to choose new search criteria to the report if needed. The following search criteria is available:
- Receipt type
- With this criterion, the receipt type(s) included in the report are defined.
- Receipt currency
- With this criterion, only receipts in certain currency are included to the report.
- Receipt Name
- This criterion narrows the search only to receipts that are named with the content given in the Name field. The search can be done with the entire name or only with a part of it.
- Customer's Company ID
- With this criterion the search can be limited according to a certain company ID. The company ID can be entered as a whole or partly, with or without the country identifier and hyphen.
- Entry period (yyyy-mm)
- With this criterion, the report can be limited according to an entry period (month). If both, the date and the entry period have been defined, the receipts are searched according to the smallest combination: for example if the receipt date criterion has been set as 1.10.2019-30.11.2019 and the entry period is 2019-11 – 2019-12, entries from the period of 1.11.2019 – 30.11.2019 are imported to the report.
- Transaction value
- With this criterion, the search can be limited according to accounting value. The search is done through report’s Accounting value column. For the limitation of the search < and > - symbols can also be used.
- Receipt numbers
- With this criterion, the receipts included in the report can be limited according to the receipt numbers. Search of more than one receipt number can be done by separating the number with a comma (i.e. 100, 101, 102).
- Transaction description
- With this criterion, the search can be limited according to the transaction description. The search is targeted to the accounting receipt’s Transaction description
- Report language
- With this criterion, the language of the information in the report can be defined. As default the language is the company’s language that is defined in the Management > Company info > Basic info.
- When English or Swedish is chosen instead of Finnish the translations in the chosen language are brought for the accounts consistent with the program’s default chart of accounts.
- Report currency
- With this criterion, the currency of the report’s values can be defined.
The search results
- Search results can be organised according to the wanted column by clicking on the heading of the column.
- Each of the available dimensions are presented as a separate column and the columns are named after the dimension.
- In each of the dimension columns, an item is presented based on to which item the value presented in the report row has been targeted to concerning the dimension in question.
- Allocated accounting value column presents the value that is targeted to the item in question.
Buttons of the search results
- Dimensions button enables moving into the Dimensions view of the activated receipt.
- Invoice button enables moving into the Invoice view of the activated receipt. If the receipt is a journal receipt or another receipt, that does not have an Invoice view, the Accounting view will open when the button is clicked.
- Accounting button enables moving into the Accounting view of the activated receipt. The Accounting view can also be accessed straight from the search results by clicking the wanted row’s name in the Name column.
- Excel, HTML and PDF buttons enable transferring the report’s information into different file formats.