The direct bank transfer can be found from Payments > Direct bank transfer.
What is a direct bank transfer?
- Direct bank transfers are suited e.g. for transferring funds between the company's bank accounts. The other option for transferring money is to create a purchase invoice.
- Payments made with the direct bank transfer feature do not have an accounting page. The accounting entries and receipts need to be handled in the bank statement's accounting page or in a separate journal receipt.
- Direct bank transfers are included Accountor Finago's vouchers. Read more about Accountor Finago's price list here.
- Users with all rights to "Direct bank transfer" can create new direct bank transfers. By default, new users do not have any rights to create payments. User rights can be given by main users or other users with sufficient rights to user management.
- The payment schedules of direct bank transfers are similar to the schedules of other payment types in Procountor. The exact schedules depend on the date of payment and the payment type used in the payment.
New direct bank transfer
1. Start creating a new direct bank transfer by clicking on Create new payment.
2. Fill in the necessary information
- Payment method, From account, Payment date, Pay (sum), Recipient's name, Recipient account number and Recipient BIC code are mandatory information. The payment method options are bank transfer, foreign payment and express payment.
- If the chosen payment method is foreign payment, three new information fields appear: Receiver bank name and address, Intermediary bank name and address and Intermediary bank BIC.
- As a default the direct bank transfer does not have bank reference core and the message is the current date.
3. After having filled the payment information, complete the payment by clicking on Pay.
Direct bank transfer search and actions
Direct bank transfer search
Previous direct bank transfers can be searched in Direct bank transfer view (Payments > Direct bank transfer).
- The search can be done by payment date, transaction status and/or archive ID.
- Clicking on the Show extended information option opens additional information fields in the search results.
- The Processed column shows the exact time when the payment has been allocated to a transaction in the bank statement.
- When all the search criteria have been filled push Search button.
The following actions can be performed in the search results to the chosen payment:
- The button is activated only if the payment is in the Payment queued status. The payment is cancelled, and it will not be sent to the bank. If needed, create a new payment.
- The payment information is copied to a new payment.
Go to bank statement
- The button is activated if the payment has been allocated to a bank statement transaction. Clicking on the button opens the bank statement view. To return to the direct bank transfers, click on the close icon (X).
Remove payment transaction
- The button is activated if the payment is in the Payment sent to bank status. If the bank has rejected the payment for some reason, and the Procountor user has received a notification from this, the payment can be deleted.
Click the right button of your mouse on the top of the search results
- The search results can be opened in an Excel or HTML file by clicking on the search results with the right mouse button and choosing the file type in the option menu.
Handling payment errors
In case the payment has been rejected by the bank, the payment row in the Direct bank transfer view is marked with an exclamation point and highlighted in red.
All the payment errors are handled in the Payment and sending errors view (in Management > Payment and sending errors)
1. Go to Payment and sending error view.
2. You can select the right time period for the payment error search and the right payment transaction status to narrow down the search results.
3. Push Search button.
4. When you have found the right payment error activate the error row and push Handle button.
5. When the error has been handled the payment will not be visible in the Payment and sending error view. The payment will get a status of Invalidated when you go to the Direct bank transfer view.
6. Create a Direct bank transfer if it is necessary.
Note that payment transactions cannot be removed and payments cannot be re-queued when handling payment errors related to direct bank transfers. If a new payment needs to be made, you can create a new direct bank transfer in Payments > Direct bank transfer.