Users can be added to a Procountor environment in Management > Users and privileges. When adding a user to the environment, you can either create a new user or add an existing user. If the user who’s being added to the company’s Procountor environment already has a user id, it’s recommended to add the existing user id instead of creating a new one. This simplifies the use of Procountor as the user doesn’t have multiple different user ids.
Add existing user
1. Add an existing user id as user by clicking on Add existing user. In the Add existing user window that opens, enter the user id you want to add to the environment. To avoid any confusions, make sure that the user id you enter actually belongs to the user you want to add and is in the exact correct format.
2. We have changed Add existing user flow on users and privileges view. Now users have to match username and email address of the user account when adding existing users to their environment.
3. After entering the user id and email address, click on OK, after which Procountor shows the first and last name linked to that user id and asks you to confirm that you want to add the user. Adding of the user is confirmed by clicking on OK.
4. After adding the user, set their user rights. Select a user role from the Role menu or use default role Customised and set suitable rights for the user. Once the user rights have been set, click on Save.
Create new user
Creating a new user id is done using Create new user button. The button opens up the Add new user view, where you then fill in the user’s information.
1. Fill in the mandatory fields (first name, last name, email address, username and mobile phone number). Mobile phone number is entered in international format and is required for sending the personal password to the user when the user is created and for the user to have one-time passwords sent to them in case the passwords are lost.
2. Username is generated automatically in Username field, based on the first and last names entered. The default format of user name is firstname.lastname. Username must be unique, meaning that if the user name generated based on the first and last names is already in use, Procountor notifies about this below the username field and the username needs to be modified manually. Please note that username shouldn’t include scandic letters.
3. The user’s personal password is generated automatically when the user is created. Determine if you want to deliver username and password to the user personally, or if you want them to be sent automatically by Procountor (to the email address and mobile phone number entered on Add new user view).
4. If you want the user to be added to person register when the user is created, select option Add user to person register, found in Person info section on the right side of the view. This option is selected by default and it’s recommended to add the user to person register (if their information has not already been added to the register) if they will be creating their own travel and expense invoices and viewing their own salary slips in Procountor.
- Alternatively, you can set the new user to be linked to an already existing person in person register by selection option Link user to an existing person in the person register. When doing so, a Person menu appears below the selections from which you can search the person you want to link the user id to.
- If you don’t want the new user to be added nor linked to person register, select option Do not link user to person register.
5. In Person info section, you can enter the user’s social security number, address and other contact information. The user can also enter this information themselves on Personal information and settings view, when they login to Procountor.
- If the user will be will be creating their own travel and expense invoices, verifying invoices and viewing their own salary slips in Procountor, the social security number needs to be entered with the suffix. The user needs to be added also to person register with the same SSN. If the suffix is included to the SSN added when creating the user, the user will not be able to edit the SSN by themselves later on. If problems concerning the SSN should occur, please contact Procountor customer service.
6. Once you have entered and checked the information, click on Ready. Depending how you have selected the credentials to be delivered, after clicking on Ready, Procountor will either send the login credentials to the user automatically, or show the credentials in a pop-up window so that you can copy them and deliver them to the user.
- The user should receive their personal password by SMS in approximately one minute, if it has been determined that Procountor will send the login credentials to the user.
- Please note, that if login credentials have been set to be delivered to the user personally, you will need to copy the credentials from the window that opens after clicking on Ready and then deliver them to the user.
7. After adding the user, set their user rights. Select a user role from the Role menu or use default role Customised and set suitable rights for the user. Once the user rights have been set, click on Save.
Users and person register
Procountor user id and person added to person register are two different things. A user can have a Procountor user id even if they’re not added to the company’s person register in Procountor, and persons can be added to the register even if they’re not added as users to Procountor.
The same person needs to have both user id created and also their information added in person register, when they need to be able to:
- view their own salary slips in Procountor or through Procountor Mini
- creating travel and expense invoices in Procountor or through Procountor Mini
- shooting receipts using Procountor Receipts app
To be able to use Procountor for the purposes listed above, the user id and person register information need to be linked to one another. This requires, first of all, that the exact same social security number is saved for the user in their personal information and settings and person register. Secondly, the user id needs to be linked to a person in person register either when creating a new user (where it’s possible to have a person added to the register automatically based on the user information), or manually in person register, after the user has been created.
Adding multiple users at once
Through person register, it’s possible to create multiple users at once. First, select the persons in the register based on whom you want to create users. User can be created only based on persons that are not already linked to an existing user.
Once you’ve selected the persons, click on Create users found above search results to open Create users window, where you will then enter and check the user information. Each user needs to have first name, last name, username (by default, firstname.lastname), email address, mobile phone number and user role entered. If user rights need to be edited afterwards, this can be done on Users and privileges view after the users have been created.
Once you’ve entered and checked the user information, click on Ready and the users will be sent login credentials automatically by email and SMS.
User’s first login
Deliver the new user their login credentials, if you’ve selected them to be delivered personally. If you’ve selected the credentials to be sent automatically by Procountor, they will be sent to the email address and mobile phone number you’ve entered when creating the user.
In the first login, the user doesn’t need one-time passwords. The list of one-time passwords is generated when logging in for the first time and the list can be changed to Procountor Key mobile app, which means the next login will be verified using the mobile app instead of one-time passwords.
More detailed instructions for logging in to Procountor can be found here.
If you’ve added an existing user as user to the environment, notify the user that they now have access to the environment with their existing user credentials. When a user is linked to several Procountor environments, they can change between environments by selecting the company from the menu found on the upper right corner of Procountor.
Removing a user
A user can be removed from the environment through Users and privileges view (Management > Users and privileges).
- Search the user on Users list and tick the checkbox in front of the user’s name.
- Click on Remove button found above Users list.
Removing a user from one Procountor environment doesn’t affect the user’s access to other Procountor environments they’re linked to. If only one user in the environment has full rights to Company user management, this user can’t be removed.
If the user’s information has been added to person register, removing the user doesn’t affect register information. If the user is an employee in the environment, removing the user doesn’t affect salary information, reports or notifications. If the user has been set as verifier or approver in company’s usage settings, supplier register or verifier lists, removing the user removes the user also from default approval circulations, but not from invoices that have already been created or received before removing the user.