This instruction provides information about adding a new customer to the customer register. New customer can be added in Customer register view, but also in Business partners view. This text covers the instructions of adding a new customer in Customer register.
Customer register can be accessed by choosing Registers > Customer register.
Adding a new customer
1. A New customer can be added to customer register by clicking Add button on the Customer register view.
2. Add button opens the New customer’s basic info view, where you can fill out the basic information, such as, the name and contact information of the customer. After filling out the information, click the Save button.
- BIS -button opens the view, where a new customer can be searched and added to the register based on its business ID.
Click on the image to enlarge it.
3. After saving the basic information, you can enter customer-specific information, for example, default products. Default products can be entered on the Customer’s basic info view by clicking Defaults button and then choosing Default products from the drop-down menu.
- Default products can be chosen from the product register. Add the product by clicking Add button, which enables you to search and choose products from the product register. After adding the products, click the Save Default products’ information can be modified to suit the particular customer’s needs.
4. Customer-specific default accounts can be saved to the customer register by clicking Defaults button and then choosing Default accounts from the drop-down menu.
- On the opening view you can choose the default accounts, default VAT % and VAT status. Click the Save button in order to save the changes.
5. Customer-specific default dimensions can be saved to the customer register by clicking Defaults button and then choosing Default dimensions from the drop-down menu.
- On the opening view you can choose the default dimensions suiting the customer. Click the Save button in order to save the changes.
6. After filling out all the information needed, click Save.
Searching the customer and exporting the registered data
Searching the customer
Customers can be searched by choosing Registers > Customer register.
Customers saved to the customer register can be searched from the Customer register view. The search can be outlined with different kinds of search criteria, such as customer’s name, Id or customer number. After setting the search criteria, click Search customers button in order to execute the search from the register.
Exporting the registered data
Customers, whose information is saved to the customer register, may sometimes ask about the information of them, that the customer register covers. Instructions for exporting the registered data can be found below.
1. Search the customer in question from the customer register.
2. After finding the customer, open the Customer’s basic info view by clicking the customer’s name.
3. Click the Export registered data button on the upper part of the Customer’s basic info view. After clicking the button, you can choose the language and the file type of the exported information. The file shows all the information of the customer, that is saved to the customer register and the business partner register.
- On the Customer’s basic info view there is also a button named Search invoices. The button enables downloading the printable list of all the receipts of the customer in question.
Adding a new foreign customer
1. Enter the customer information, such as name and address.
2. Enter the foreign customer’s VAT number. VAT number can be entered on the Invoicing information part of the view to the ID field by choosing the country code and then filling the number.
- Swedish VAT number must be entered without the 01-ending, since Procountor automatically adds it.
3. Select the default language on the Invoicing information section from the Language drop-down menu.
4. Add the default text for foreign trade on the Additional information section to the Additional default information, sales invoice field.
5. You can add default accounts, dimensions and products from the Defaults button’s drop-down menu in a same way as when adding a new domestic customer.
- When it comes to Default products, select the whole product register by default and set default amount to zero. Then, choose the Different VAT column in all rows, and after that select the VAT % according to the foreign customer.
The VAT in the invoice row is always zero, the customer’s VAT number is shown on the invoice, the language of the invoice is the one that was chosen, and the invoice contains the mandatory text regarding foreign trade. In addition, the VAT status in the accounting view is automatically correct, which means that information in the VAT summary and tax return for self-assessed taxes is correct.