When Contract invoicing additional service is in use, contracts can be created for customers in Procountor. Contracts are a way to quicken the regular invoicing of customers. This article is about the creation of contracts to customer’s basic info.
After contracts have been created for customers, it is possible to begin using the actual Contract invoicing additional service. More information about Contract invoicing is available here.
Once Contract invoicing additional service has been activated, Contracts view is accessed by clicking the Contracts button in the top bar of the Customer’s basic info view:
This view is used to view existing contracts of the customer. The view can also be used to create new contracts. The number of contracts per customer is not limited.
- Show button opens the contract of the active row on a separate Contract view. More information about this view is found under its own heading.
- Add button opens an empty Contract view for the creation of a new contract. More information about this view is found under its own heading.
- Copy button is used to copy the contract of the active row.
- Delete button is used to delete the contract of the active row.
- Include inactive contracts and customers? selection includes also inactive contracts to the listing of contracts.
Contract view is used to fill in the information of a new contract. This view can be used also to view the details of an existing contract.
Buttons in the upper section of the view
- Save button saves the information set to the contract.
- Delete button deletes the contract in question.
- Preview button opens contract information on a new tab in PDF format.
- Management button leads to customer-specific Management view.
- Previous / Next buttons are used to switch the contract on the view if the customer has more than one contracts.
Creating a new contract
When a new contract is created, billing information on the left side of the view is retrieved from the customer register by default. However, the billing information can be edited by choosing From contract selection from Address source drop-down menu in the Billing address section. This selection opens the fields of billing information so that they can be edited:
- Contract number field is used to give the contract a number that identifies it.
- Contract date field is used to choose a signing date for the contract. The default suggestion is present day.
- Contract contents field is used to enter free-form information that identifies the contract.
- Contract beginning and end date fields are used to determine the contract term. Beginning date is compulsory, but end date doesn’t necessarily have to be given if it is not yet known. This means that the contract is valid until further notice. The beginning date is essential information because it determines the date from which the contract is included in the search results of uninvoiced contracts.
- Invoice period drop-down menu is used to choose an invoice period for the contract. There are a lot of different invoice periods to choose from, such as monthly, quarterly and yearly invoice periods. More detailed information about the behavior of different invoice periods when using contract invoicing can be found here.
- Invoice period start date field determines the day of the month that the invoice period starts on. If this field is left empty, the default date will be the first day of the month.
Invoicing month during period field determines the month of the period that invoicing is made in. A few examples of the possibilities with this field are presented below:
- If the invoice period is, for example, “3mo, 1/4/7/10” and figure 2 is entered to the field, the invoicing is then always made in the second month of the invoicing period (in this case the invoicing months would be February, May, August and November).
- The invoicing month can also be the preceding month of the invoice period when figure -1 is entered to the field, for example. This results in invoice creation one month prior to the actual invoice period. When invoice period is, for example, “1mo, 1/2/3/4/5/…” and figure -1 is entered to the field, the invoicing of January is made in December, invoicing of February is made in January, and so on.
- The invoicing month can also be the subsequent month of the invoice period when figure 2 is entered to the field, for example. This results in invoice creation a month later compared to the actual invoice period. When invoice period is, for example, “1mo, 1/2/3/4/5/…” and figure 2 is entered to the field, the invoicing of January is made in February, invoicing of February is made in March, and so on.
- If no figure is set to this field, the default figure will be 1 (meaning that the invoicing will be made in the first month of the invoice period).
- Invoice date in invoicing month field determines the day of the month that the invoices are created for. For example, if figure 5 is entered to the field, the invoices are created for the fifth days of the months that are the invoicing months according to the chosen invoice period. More detailed examples of this field’s behavior in relation to contract invoicing and other determinations can be found here.
- Order reference, Own contact person, and Customer contact person fields are used to enter free-form information that identifies the contract.
- Term of payment (d / %) fields are used to determine contract’s term of payment.
- Currency drop-down menu is used to choose a currency for the invoices that are created based on the contract.
- Incl. VAT selection determines if value added tax is included in the prices of the contract.
- Language drop-down menu determines the language of the contract.
- Active/Inactive drop-down menu is used to set the contract either as active or as inactive. New contracts are active by default.
At least one product row must be created for a new contract. Possible default products determined for the customer in the product register are not included in the contract. The default products are also not included on the invoices that are created based on the contract.
Buttons in the lower section in the view
- Get product button is used to search a product to the contract from the product register.
- Add row button adds a new product row. After this information of the product is entered to the row. Please note that the rows created with the Add row button are not saved to the product register and they are not included in the product-specific reporting.
- Copy row button copies the active product row.
- Delete row button deletes the active product row.
- Default dimensions button is used to determine row-specific dimensions for the active product row. The dimensions are also used in the accounting entries that are created from the contract’s product rows.
How to terminate the service?
- Our period of notice is one month, the agreement ends at the end of the agreement period month.
- Please send all notices of termination through the form feature in Management > Company info > Basic info > Contract and product changes. From the Change requests drop-down menu, select Other request. The required information in the message includes the name of the company name, business ID and which service you want to terminate. Alternatively, you can contact us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.