Before the reporting of salary information can be started, an Incomes Register certificate must be retrieved to Procountor. This certificate is used for opening an interface between the Incomes Register and Procountor.
Reporting to the Incomes Register from electronic systems, such as Procountor, is implemented using the Incomes Register’s certificate service. Salary information is sent from Procountor using a technical interface. Obtaining a certificate from the Incomes Register’s online service makes it possible to report salary information from Procountor to the Incomes Register.
Overview of obtaining the certificate
The Incomes Register certificate can be obtained by an authorised signatory of the company concerned.
- By logging in to the Incomes Register, this person will receive two one-time credentials; one by phone and one by e-mail.
- The credentials will then need to be entered in Procountor under Notifications > Incomes register > Certificate.
- The person who enters the credentials in the program must have all of the Procountor privileges assigned to them under Notifications.
- When the credentials have been entered, the company has received a certificate in its Procountor environment.
Obtaining the Incomes Register certificate includes the following steps:
- The person who is authorised to sign for and on behalf of the company authenticates with the Incomes Register’s online service. The authentication is carried out using a strong means of identification (online banking credentials, a mobile certificate, an organization card or a certificate card).
- The person fills out the necessary details in the Incomes Register’s online service.
- Note! In the online service only the Web Service interface should be selected as the electronic channel.
- The person obtains a technical interface certificate from the online service and receives a transfer ID and a one-time password via e-mail and telephone.
- The person logs in to Procountor, switches to the Notifications > Incomes register > Certificate view and clicks Get new certificate. After that, the person enters their one-time user credentials in the window that appears. A certificate request is sent to the Incomes Register.
- The Incomes Register’s certificate service sends the certificate. The certificate is now available for Procountor.
- Access rights to the certificate are shared with other users. (See the section below for instructions on how to use the certificate in different situations in the case of, for example, an accounting firm)
Obtaining a certificate in the Incomes Register’s online service
The Incomes Register’s online service is available at: Tulorekisteri.fi > Sign in
- Start menu
- From the blue menu (on the left), select Technical interface and certificate
- Select: Submit an application for using the technical interface
- Selection of Web Service channels. For Procountor, select the web service option (both real time and deferred web service interface option if both are selectable)
- NOTE: do not select SFTP interface as the channel
- Finalization and sending
- The interface application is done
Entering the certificate in Procountor
When the transfer credentials for the certificate have been obtained from the Income register site, they can be entered in Procountor under Notifications > Incomes register > Certificate. Click Get new certificate to enter the transfer credentials in the fields that appear.
When the transfer credentials of the certificate have been entered and you have clicked Continue, the program will contact the Incomes Register and retrieve the expiry date and validity data of the certificate from the Incomes Register.
- The status of the certificate is Active when it has been successfully obtained.
- If the status of the certificate is In progress, the program is still waiting for confirmation from the Incomes Register.
- When the status is Error, an error occurred when the certificate was entered and it is not active.
Using and sharing the certificate
An individual company
A certificate obtained by a person authorised to sign for and on behalf of the company concerned can be shared with other users in Procountor. The same certificate can be used by several users, and they do not need to authenticate with the Incomes Register’s online service, for instance, when submitting reports.
In order for a user to be able to submit earnings payment reports to the Incomes Register, they must have all the privileges assigned to them in the user management of the environment under Notifications and Incomes Register certificate. The user will then be able to generate the report and submit it to the Incomes Register via Procountor.
An accounting office
A certificate obtained by a person authorised to sign for and on behalf of the company concerned can be shared with other representatives of the accounting office in Procountor. The same certificate can be used by several users, and they do not need to authenticate with the Incomes Register’s online service, for instance, when submitting reports. This certificate obtained for an accounting firm can be used in customer environments. A precondition for this is that the person submitting the report has been assigned all the user privileges to the Incomes Register certificate in the accounting firm environment and user privileges to Notifications in customer environments. Accounting firms will, therefore, only need to obtain ONE certificate for their accounting firm environment and then use it in customer environments as well.
Note that the (accounting firm’s) certificate used for the notification must be defined under Personal information and settings > Incomes Register certificate to be used so that the program will know that an accounting firm’s certificate will be used for the customer concerned.
Example of the process:
Tero, an authorized signatory, has already obtained a certificate for the accounting firm. In order for the employee, Maija, to be able to submit earnings payment reports to the Incomes Register on behalf of the accounting firm’s clients, she must first be assigned privileges to use the certificate in the accounting firm environment. Tero does this in Procountor under Users and privileges by granting Maija all of the privileges under Incomes Register certificate. Then, in the customer environment, Maija is also assigned all the privileges under Users and privileges > Notifications. Maija is now able to use the accounting firm’s certificate in her customer environments.
In multiple companies
In a situation where the individual who reports salary information has multiple different companies and a certificate has been obtained for all of them, the reporter must be assigned all the user privileges under Notifications and Incomes Register certificate for each environment. This situation pertains to cases where there is no accounting firm that uses a single certificate.
When the report is submitted, the reporter must choose under Personal information and settings the company whose certificate they want to use for submitting the report concerned. This selection must be made to ensure that reports to the Incomes Register are always submitted using the certificate of the company whose salary information is being reported.
Please note that this situation pertains to individuals who have multiple companies whose reports they are submitting, and a separate certificate has been obtained for each of these companies. On the other hand, when an accounting firm’s certificate is used for customers’ reports, the procedure described in the section Using and sharing the certificate with the help of an accounting firm applies.
Correcting a certificate application
If it later becomes necessary to change or correct the original application, a replacing application must be filed. In this case, log in to the Incomes Register’s online service to submit a new, replacing application.
Renewing the certificate
The certificate will be valid for two years, after which the certificate needs to be renewed. The renewal request is made in Procountor using the Renew certificate function in the Certificate view. The certificate can be renewed earliest 60 days before it expires. If the certificate is renewed while it is still valid, the renewal does not require strong authentication in the Incomes Register’s online service. The renewal request can be submitted by a user with full access rights to the Incomes Register certificate section.
When renewing the certificate, make sure, that the certificate, that is wanted to be renewed, is selected on the Personal info and settings view.