Opening and closing the holiday credit year can be done in Management > Salary info > Holiday credit years.
- The view lists all the credit years.
- If the credit years are opened and closed a time stamp and edited by stamp will be created.
Opening the credit year
The credit year can be opened by activating a credit year and clicking Open credit year button.
- When the credit year is closed the earned holidays cannot be edited. The year has to be opened to be able to edit the holidays.
- Several credit years can be open at the same time.
- It is not mandatory to open the credit years in order.
- If the employee has earned 2 holidays per month or 9% holiday pay per month the software will ask if the earning rule should be updated to 2,5 days and 11,5% automatically.
Closing the credit year
When the last salaries for the holiday credit year has been paid it is time to close the credit year.
- Before closing the credit year check the earned holidays from that year. The earned holidays can be checked by using the Holiday accrual report.
- If necessary, correct the earned holidays manually or by clicking the Year recalculation in the Holidays view.
- In order to recalculate the earned holidays the all salary slips for that credit year should at least in status Approved.
- All salary slips that are in the credit year should have a status Paid or Paid elsewhere before the credit year can be closed.
Close the credit year by activating the credit year and clicking Close credit year.
- If the holiday data should be edited for closed credit year, open the credit year.
Holiday credit years and earning rules
- When opening a new holiday credit year (Management > Salary info > Holiday credit years) the holiday bonus settings will be copied from the old holiday credit year to the new one.
- Holiday earning rules can also be checked on the Holiday credit years view.
- Holiday earning rules can be checked by selecting the holiday credit year and clicking Review one year earning rule.
- This function shows the employees that have accumulated a full year (counting from the start date of holiday calculation) and whose holiday earning rules can be altered. e.g. 2d/m > 2,5d/m or 9% > 11,5% and so on.
- The holiday earning rule review can be done throughout the year and changes made to the rules whenever necessary. The holiday earning rules can still be done at the end of holiday credit year as well.