This article contains instructions on switching from Solo to Procountor Financials.
- There is no automatic data transfer between Solo and Financials, so you must move all information manually between the products.
- Agree on the change beforehand with the entrepreneur so that the entrepreneur is prepared for the new Procountor user interface. In the migration, take into account the time of transferring the accounting material so that the entrepreneur has time to submit the necessary materials before terminating their Solo environment.
Setting up a new Procountor financials environment
1. Set up a new Financials environment and order Procountor Financials here.
- Please note that the Solo environment uses electronic invoice addresses by Apix Messaging Oy. Electronic invoice addresses cannot be transferred from Solo to Financials, so you must set up new electronic invoice addresses in the Financials environment. In Procountor Financials, you can use either Apix Messaging Oy's electronic invoice addresses or addresses opened by the bank.
2. Terminate the order for the current Solo environment so that the customer does not have to pay the monthly charge for both environments – Solo and Financials – at the same time. Terminate the service by sending a message to email@example.com.
- In your message, specify the date when the new Financials will go live. This allows us to schedule the termination of the Solo environment at the same time and avoid extra costs.
- If necessary, you can ask us to return the Solo environment to trial mode after the termination so that you will have more time for transferring data between the environments. Please also specify an end date for the trial version.
- In trial mode, you cannot send accounting material from the entrepreneur to the accountant. The trial version is intended only for saving information and finalizing the accounting.
- Apix' electronic invoice addresses are terminated at the same time with the Solo environment.
3. If needed, fill out a new bank connection authorization, if the old bank connection authorization does not cover all of the necessary payment services. For example, if the new product is used for payroll calculation, make sure that the current agreement with the bank allows salary payments.
Adding information to the new environment
1. Fill out the company's basic information and make the necessary changes to the chart of accounts and dimensions.
2. Transfer the company's bank account number from Solo to Financials.
- Delete the account number from Solo and save it in Financials.
- If the accounting has not been completed in Solo yet, deleting the account number prevents browsing bank statements in the Bank statements and reference payments view in Solo. After this bank statement entries can be viewed via accounting reports. This means that expense types can no longer be selected.
- If the Solo environment has unpaid invoices, the account number must not be deleted before the invoices are paid. Check this in the environment under Payments > Direct bank transfer.
- The bank statement is created in the environment where the bank account number is saved. Old bank statements cannot be transferred between different environments.
- You should select the transfer date carefully to ensure a smooth migration.
3. The Apix electronic invoice addresses used in Solo do not work in Procountor Financials, so make sure to order new Apix electronic invoice addresses when making the Procountor agreement. Alternatively, you can open your own electronic invoice addresses with the bank and add their information to the E-invoice and scanning service addresses view.
- When the electronic invoice address changes, remember to notify all suppliers of the change so that they send their invoices to the right address in the future.
4. Transfer any unpaid purchase invoices from the entrepreneur's Solo environment to Procountor.
- Paid purchase invoices can be found in the Bank statements and reference payments view in the accountant's Solo environment.
- Agree with the entrepreneur that they will pay all the necessary purchase invoices before the end of the month when the latest data transfer between the entrepreneur's and the accountant's Solo environments takes place.
5. The entrepreneur must save all open sales invoices from their Solo environment, either as individual payment receipts or through sales reports.
- Paid sales invoices appear on the bank statement.
6. The receipts photographed in Solo are not automatically transferred to the new products, which means they must be saved.
7. When the last month has been balanced, accounting reports are transferred to Procountor Financials. Instructions for exporting the reports can be found here.
- Information can be added to Financials with the import data function.
8. Instructions for setting up the new environment are available here.