Did you know that you can set up a Solo demo account easily for yourself in the accounting office’s Procountor? This article shows you how you can set up a test environment for yourself in just five minutes.
Procountor Solo is an efficient and easy-to-use financial management solution for SMEs, ideal for sole traders or small limited liability companies.
As accountant, you can use the Procountor Solo demo environment to test the entrepreneur’s user interface and the program’s basic functionalities. In the demo environment, you can:
- Prepare invoices
- Save products and customer information
- See how invoices are paid
- Take images of receipts, link them to demo account transactions and select expense types for account transactions
- See how the monthly sending of data to accounting takes place.
When you have first tested the functions of Solo yourself, it will be easier for you to introduce them to entrepreneurs in the future. And you can use the demo account if you need to help an entrepreneur with using Solo later on.
Setting up a new environment
The Procountor Solo environment is set up in Procountor under Management > Set up a new environment.
1. Go to the Set up a new environment view.
2. Enter the information and select Procountor Solo as the product version.
3. Enter the company’s name and add the word “Demo” or “Test”. This lets us know that the environment is in demo use, and we will not close it down after trial use.
4. Select either base chart of accounts as the chart of accounts or copy the chart from another Solo environment.
5. Select the product register template. If you wish, you can copy the product register from an existing Solo environment or select the default register LTD company or Private trader .
6. After setting up the environment, select Add a new user. The e-mail address and phone number must be correct, as you will receive the username via e-mail and the password to your phone. If the username has already been taken, you can edit it, for example, by adding the number 1 after your name or omitting the full stop from between your first and last names.
-> Log into Solo using the username sent to you via e-mail and the password sent to your phone at https://procountorsolo.com/ -> Login.
You can also test using Solo on your mobile device. Here are instructions for creating a shortcut on your smartphone.
We will close down the trial environments created for companies after about one month if the entrepreneur does not order the environment for production use.
No worries! We keep the demo and test environments set up for accounting offices open until further notice, allowing you to continue testing the Solo entrepreneur’s user interface in your own time. We do not charge for setting up the environment, and trial use is always free of charge.
Materials for testing Solo
We have compiled a set of materials for testing Solo. The materials include receipts that match the test account transactions available in the Solo user interface:
- Phone subscription -> Invoice by Phone operator Ltd in the demo account transactions
- Insurance invoice -> Invoice by Insurance company Ltd in the demo account transactions
- Payment terminal report -> Other sales report with the same amount as the Example payment from Company Ltd (EUR 78.40) in the demo account transactions
- A few cash receipts
Download the material free of charge here (materials in Finnish).