What is TeamViewer?
TeamViewer is a remote support solution that can be used with Windows and macOS operating systems. The program allows our customer service to connect to customer’s computer securely and remotely. This helps our customer service to solve issues easier and in a more effective way, since using the program enables seeing what is happening on customer’s computer. We always consider the usage of Teamviewer individually based on each case. For example, Teamviewer is very useful in situations where our customer service cannot help the customer without seeing the overall picture of their environment, or where our customer service is unable to reproduce the error situation detected by the customer. With a remote connection, our customer service can see what is happening on the customer’s screen. Connecting does not require the customer to install the program, or have admin rights, as TeamViewer's QuickSupport module is designed for immediate remote support. You only have to download and open the program on your own computer. Use of TeamViewer QuickSupport is free. We only use remote connection to resolve an individual problem. If you have more than one problem situation, please contact us separately with these cases. Our customer service evaluates the need to use TeamViewer individually based on each case. Please note that after connecting remotely, the customer service representative will see all the information that is on your screen. Therefore, before connecting remotely, please close any programs that are not related to the problem and that contain information that you do not want our customer service to see. However, we never store data or take screenshots of any data without the customer’s permission.
How to use TeamViewer?
Here are instructions for connecting to TeamViewer remotely:
1. You can download Teamviewer from https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/ with the blue ** QuickSupport ** button.
2. Once the file is downloaded, open the file either by double-clicking, or by right-clicking and selecting ** Open **. QuickSupport does not need to be installed separately. Depending on the browser, the file is downloaded to the lower left or upper right corner of the browser.
3. Under * Allow Remote Control *, the ** ID number ** (10 digits long) and ** Password ** generated automatically by the program are displayed. These are given to customer service for remote contact.
4. You can see from your computer when the remote connection is established.
5. To end the remote connection, close QuickSupport from the upper-right corner of the application window.
We recommend testing TeamViewer QuickSupport before the remote session. Please contact your company's IT support in case you need assistance with the testing.