These instructions help you get started with the implementation of Procountor. We recommend sharing these instructions with other users in your organization. Procountor Financials usernames are free.
By following the path, you will get the basic setting in the Procountor right. Open the infographic as PDF file here!
Are you a new accounting office user? Click this link to read the detailed instructions for accounting offices.
Your username is created by a company or an accounting office user with access rights to Procountor's user management. You receive your login credentials via e-mail or SMS or from the person who established your new username.
- At the first login, you need your Username (which you received via e-mail) and your Personal password (which you received via SMS).
- Go to www.procountor.fi/en and select Login > Procountor.
- Please make sure that your browser enables pop-up windows.
- Download the Procountor Key mobile app in your app store to confirm the login. Alternatively, you can use a password list.
- Illustrated instructions for the first login: First login
- In the future, you will log into Procountor by providing your username and personal password and confirming the login with Procountor Key or a one-time password.
More detailed instructions about the first login can be found here.
Before production use, the company's Procountor environment is first in Trial mode. The trial version gives you access to a limited set of Procountor functions. The environment moves from trial version to production version when you have made an agreement with Procountor on ordering the full version on the date specified in the agreement.
Guided setup and instructions on starting to use Procountor
You can either read the instructions yourself or authorize your accounting office to complete the setup for you. This ensures optimal use of the program. Instructions on starting to use the program are in our electronic manual:
Bank connection authorization
Please ensure that you have the necessary bank connection authorization. In order to request payments and receive bank statements and reference payments, you need an effective connection between your bank and Procountor. Your accounting office or our customer service can help you with filling out the authorization form.
Entering your bank account information in Procountor is safe and easy. All you need to do is sign the bank-specific form and send it to your bank(s). The bank-specific forms can be found in our instruction manual:
Check the settings
- The bank account number must be added to Procountor in order to create sales invoices in the program. Add the bank account to the program under: Management > Company info > Bank account information
- You can change the sales invoice template and numbering in the program under: Management > Company info > invoice template settings
- When the automatic creation of business partners is enabled, the program will automatically set up new customers and suppliers to the business partner register when the first invoice is saved for them. You can enable the setting under: Management > Company info > Usage settings > Automatic business partner creation
- The Character icon in the top right corner opens the Personal information and settings view. We recommend subscribing to the Procountor newsletter under e-mail messages from Procountor. The newsletter contains the latest news on Procountor, including information on new features, free training and webinars.
The use of customer and product registers enables sales reporting, which shows you what your company's sales consist of and how they are distributed, for example, among products and customers. You can also sort your products and customers into groups, for example, private and corporate customers. The registers also make invoicing quicker later on. Of course, you can start invoicing without the registers.
- Create customers in the customer register under Registers > Customer register
- You can also import the customer register as a csv file
- Create the product register under Registers > Sales product register
- Set up all your invoiceable products in the product register
After this, you are ready for invoicing.
- Create a new sales invoice under New > Sales invoice
- Find the customer in the register by clicking the Search customer button
- Start creating the invoice by clicking the Create a new invoice button
- Find products in the product register by clicking the Get product button in the Row information section
If you need help with creating a sales invoice, you can find further instructions in Help section on the top of the Homepage.
Purchase invoice handling
Purchase invoices are electronically received in Procountor, and you can check, approve and pay them directly in the program.
- You can find the purchase invoices in the Invoices waiting for verification widget on the homepage.
- Verification and approval
- Creating a new purchase invoice
If you need more help, further instructions are available in our instruction manual, and our customer service is happy to help.
Adding a new user to Procountor
Procountor usernames are free. On this page, you can learn to add users and edit the privileges of selected users:
Procountor mobile app is a mobile and time-saving version of the Procountor financial management solution.
With Procountor -mobile, you can, take photographs of receipts, prepare travel and expense invoices, approve and pay invoices, and more. All in the same easy-to-use application.
Read more here!
Training and instructions
The following links take you to free remote training for company customers, the Procountor instruction manual and the video tutorials:
If you have any questions about using the program, you can contact our free customer service directly. The contact information for the service is behind the following link:
Most important additional services for new customers
- Procountor Mini is a mobile app that has been designed to facilitate an entrepreneur’s financial management on the road and increase its efficiency. With Mini, you can, take photographs of receipts, prepare travel and expense invoices, approve and pay invoices, browse payslips and more.
- Kassaturva is a factoring service that covers accounts receivables for companies, regardless of the amount. Send your sales invoice via Kassaturva and have the money on your account immediately.
- Procountor Signature is an electronic signature service that allows you to easily send documents for signing. Read more about the service here!
From the Additional services -button at the top right of the Procountor, you will find other additional services available.
You can connect various software to Procountor and automate data transfer between software. More information on setting up different integrations in Procountor is available here: