Balance sheet accounts settings for itemisation view contains all settings affecting how Automated itemisation is done on the Balance sheet itemisation view.
Balance sheet accounts settings for itemisation can be found in Management > Accounting info > Chart of accounts by clicking Balance sheet accounts settings.
Balance sheet accounts settings for itemisation defines how balance sheet itemisation is done and the settings affect which accounts are shown on the balance sheet itemisation and whether the balance sheet item usage recommendation is enabled.
An account can be found either by account number or name, or by using the predefined filters to find accounts with specific settings.
- All balance sheet accounts (default)
- Balance sheet accounts with items recommendation
- This filter shows accounts that are displayed with a balance sheet item recommendation if the balance sheet item is missing from the transaction. (Please note that the “Show balance sheet item identifier information on the accounting page” setting must be enabled in Management > Company info > Usage settings > Balance sheet item on accounting page).
- Balance sheet accounts without items recommendation
- This filter shows all accounts without items recommendation
- Balance sheet accounts with no automation
- This filter shows all accounts with no automation settings.
ACCOUNT SETTINGS FOR AUTOMATED ITEMISATION
These settings determine how automated itemisation is done on the balance sheet itemisation view. There are default settings that can be customized to best suit your needs.
- Balance sheet item usage recommendation
- When selected, a notification will be displayed on accounting views if balance sheet items are missing.
- Can only be enabled for accounts that have the setting Search open balance sheet items selected.
- To use this, the Show recommendation note for balance sheet items option must be selected in Management > Company info > Usage settings > Balance sheet item on accounting page.
- If the Search open balance sheet items option is unselected, the balance sheet item recommendation will also be disabled.
- Search opening balance
- Search transactions
- Search financial year balance
- Search open balance sheet items
- Search open invoices
- Can only be selected for accounts 1700, 2880, 2920, 2930, and 2935 or other account if account is set as default for Account receivable, Account payable, Tax liability account, Default account for withhold tax or VAT liability account.
- Visibility & print
- Makes the account visible on balance sheet itemisation and on PDF/Excel/HTML printouts when clicking In printable form button.
Things to consider
- Search transactions, Search financial year balance, Search open balance sheet items, and Search open invoices options cannot be selected simultaneously. Only one of these four options can be selected at a time. In addition:
- Search opening balance OR Search open balance sheet items cannot be selected at the same time
- Only Search opening balance AND Search open invoices can be selected at the same time.
- If the Visibility & print option is not selected on a specific row, all remaining selections will be disabled on that particular row. The account will also not be shown on the balance sheet itemisation view, and the account will not be visible on the PDF/Excel/HTML printout that can be printed with the In printable form button.
- If the environment does not include sales invoicing functions (such as Procountor Ledger Light environments), Search open invoices option will not be visible and the default setting for accounts 1700, 2880, 2920, 2930, and 2935 is Search open balance sheet items.
- Restore to default
- Restores default settings to selected accounts
- No automation
- Automatic itemisation is not used on the account
BALANCE SHEET ACCOUNT SETTINGS AND COPYING AN ENVIRONMENT TO A NEW ENVIRONMENT
When an environment is copied to a new environment, it should be noted that the Automated itemisation custom settings will not be copied to the new environment. The new environment will have the default settings.