Working hour reduction is a new feature and the calculations are done automatically from slips according to Working hour settings. Users can create multiple different settings according to the company’s collective agreements. As a default working hour reduction is off.
Starting to use working hour reduction quick guide
First working hour reduction must be set on for company in Management > Company info > Usage settings > Working time calculations > Use working hour reduction.
After setting the working hour reduction on it’s possible to set up a setting in Management > Salary info > Working hour reduction settings.
After setting has been created (according to collective agreement which company uses) setting needs to be assigned for employee in Employee register > Working time info > Working hour reduction -view. First entry to the view opens a pop up, where you can easily select wanted setting for the employee. Starting date is prefilled with current date and there is no need to change it unless start date is in the future.
Automatic calculations can’t be done from the past, but it’s possible to put already earned working hour reduction days/hours manually to Remaining working hour reduction -field or you can add cumulative working time to working hour/days -field and then earned working hour reduction is calculated according to the selected setting and the result is added to the Remaining working hour reduction hours/days -field as well.
Usage settings -Working time calculations
Management > Company info > Usage settings > Working time calculations
Use working hour reduction
- Setting is off by default. By selecting this setting company is able to start using working hour reduction
Working hour reduction settings -view
Settings can be created in Management > Salary info > Working hour reduction settings -view.
- Choose already created setting from the drop down.
- Create new setting by adding a name (must be unique) and setting configurations.
Earning working hour reduction hours/days
- Earning method defines where working hour reduction is earned from (hours or days). Spending method defines how the working hour reduction is paid (
- Hours (earning is calculated from slip’s salary type hour values=cumulative hours)
- Days (earning is calculated from slip’s working hour reduction workday field’s day values=cumulative days)
- Hours (Earned working hour reduction is hours)
- Days (Earned working hour reduction is days)
- Equalization table
- In the table it’s possible to put minimum number of days/hours from which you earn certain amount of working hour reduction hours/days
- At least one row needs to be set either in current or next year
- Earning day divider
- When selected also Divider needs to be filled in
- Can be used only if Earning method is days
- Earned working hour reduction is calculated when cumulative working days are divided by divider
- Hours that equal one free day
- When selected also Hours need to be filled in
- Can be used only if Earning method is hours
- Max days states the maximum number of earned days. The calculation result is always reduced to the max days value.
You can edit working hour reduction settings.
- Select the added setting, you want to edit.
When setting is not assigned to employee it is possible to edit:
- all fields
When setting is assigned to employee and not used in salary slip it is possible to edit:
- salary types
- equalization table
- monthly divider
- working hours per day
When setting is used on slip it is still possible to edit:
- equalization table current and next year
- You can edit salary types in working hour reduction settings when setting is used already in slips.
- After editing salary types and pressing Save -button it's possible to recalculate current year's working hour reduction values. A Pop up will shown what says, that you have edited salary type(s) and it requires recalculation. Press Recalculate if you want a recalculation. Pop up will appear only if setting is already used in slip(s).
- If slip goes over a year end, all values from the slip is recalculated otherwise we only recalculate current year's slips values.
You can delete working hour reduction setting if setting is not assign to any employee and not used in any slip. Delete -button is enabled if this condition applies. After clicking the Delete -button, a confirmation pop up will appear.
Working hour reduction pay
- Average hourly
- Showing current average hourly salary
- When paying takes the average hourly salary according to pay day
- Hourly salary
- Taken from salary info
- If base salary hourly is changed to monthly and working hour reduction settings are not adjusted to support new base salary, old base salary is saved and used until user changes working hour reduction settings
- Taken from salary info
- When selected also Monthly pay divider needs to be filled in. Daily pay value is calculated from monthly pay divided by the number which is set in Monthly pay divider -field.
- If base salary monthly is changed to hourly and working hour reduction settings are not adjusted to support new base salary, old base salary is saved and used until user changes working hour reduction settings
Working hours per day
- This is used to turn days to hours or hours to days if it’s needed in calculations/paying working hour reduction free time
Salary types which cumulative working hours are counted from
When Hours are selected as earning method also this setting needs to be defined. Selected salary types are the ones from which cumulative hours are counted from slips. At least one salary type needs to be added to the setting.
Add salary types
- Opens new view where you can search wanted salary types and add them to the view by pressing Add the salary types -button
- If you want to delete salary type, please select salary type and press delete
Working time info - Working hour reduction
Payroll > Employee register > Select employee > Working time info
Working hour reduction settings are assign to employees in Working time info view. Working hour reduction can be found below Average hourly part if average hourly is also in use.
Working hour reduction
Entering the view for first time (pop up)
Choose setting for working hour reduction
- Working hour reduction usage start date is prefilled with current date
- This is the year the settings are assigned
- Select settings (Payment method should be compatible with base salary type, If payment method is AH then it does not matter)
Working hour reduction usage start date
- Date form which automatic calculation of working hour reduction starts. This is prefilled with current date when entering the view for the first time (in separate pop up). No need to change the date unless earning starts later.
Total remaining working hour reduction hours
- Shows total remaining working hour reduction hours from all the years and time periods
Total remaining working hour reduction days
- Shows total remaining working hour reduction days from all the years and time periods
Total remaining working hour reduction pay
- Shows total remaining working hour reduction pay from all the years and time periods
Year and Employee settings
- Settings are set to employees by year (in the future possible also to have multiple time periods with different settings in the same year)
- Setting will be copied to the next year same time with creation of new year’s first slip
- Shows setting which is assign to employee
Change setting and time period
- Change setting and time period. You can set up or turn off a setting from particular date.New setting can be chosen from Choose a new setting drop-down menu. Changing the setting creates a new time period which can also be chosen when paying working hour reduction.
- Correct not used setting and time period. If setting is not used yet in salary slip, it’s possible to change setting.
- Shows cumulative working days. Editable field. Cumulative working days are calculated from slip’s new field Working days for working hour reduction. This is days if in the Working hour reduction settings Earning method is days.
- Shows cumulative working hours. Editable field. Cumulative working hours are calculated from slip’s salary types. Salary types from which cumulative working hours are taken from are defined in Working hour reduction settings. Same as this is hours if in the WHR settings Earning method is hours.
Earned working hour reduction days
- Shows earned working hour reduction days
Earned working hour reduction hours
- Shows earned working hour reduction hours
Remaining working hour reduction days
- Shows current year’s remaining working hour reduction days.
Remaining working hour reduction hours
- Shows current year’s remaining working hour reduction hours.
Remaining working hour reduction pay
- Shows current year’s remaining working hour reduction pay
Working hour reduction unit value
- Shows unit value which is used when paying of working hour reduction
- paying will be released in next release
A history panel shows Working hour reduction changes. It can be found at the bottom of the Working time info -view.History panel shows manual changes values with +/- value. It's easy to see how much hours or days has been added or reduced.
The newest Explanation field (on top) is editable if user wants to edit it.
With settings change it shows old setting's name.
If calculation basis has been changed from days to hours or other way round it shows the old values with minus and then the new values with plus value.
Base salary change support between monthly and hourly base salary
If base salary is changed from monthly to hourly or from hour to monthly and user doesn’t change working hour reduction settings to support the new base salary software will save previous base salary to Working time info view. This way earned working hour reduction days/hours can be paid with the previous base salary.
Working days for working hour reduction
This field in salary list and slip is shown if earning method is days and working hour reduction has been turned on in usage settings. At the moment this field is prefilled with the same value than in Calendar workdays.
Remaining working hour reduction shown on salary slip PDF
It is possible to have remaining working hour reduction visible on salary slips. Functionality needs to be activated in Management > Company info > Usage settings > Working time calculations, by clicking “Show working hour reduction on salary slip PDF”.
Remaining working hour reduction on salary slip also takes into account current salary slip when calculating remaining working hour reduction. Remaining working hour reduction is either hours or days depending on working hour reduction settings set behind the employee in Working time info view. If there are remaining working hour reduction days and hours, both of them are shown on salary slip.
Allocating working hours for two different years in salary slip
Working time can be allocated to two separate calendar year by using earnings period in salary rows.
- When earnings period is not filled in, working time is allocated payment period start date's year.
- When earnings period is filled in and earnings period start date year is the same as salary list payment period’s start date year, working time is allocated to year based on earnings period start date
- When earning period is filled in to some other year (not the same as payment period start date year) then working time is allocated to second year.
- Earning period start and end date, both filled in or none, otherwise an error message is shown: Either fill both earning period start and end date or leave both empty.
- Earning period must start and end with the same calendar year, otherwise an error message shown: Salary slip row earnings period must start and end within the same calendar year.
When payment period is going over one year we show two separate fields for example: Working days for working hour reduction: 2022 and Working days for working hour reduction: 2023 so that user is able to allocate working days for right years.
When payment period goes over one year, employee needs to have same Working hour reduction settings in both years within the payment period. Also the payment period at anytime can only include one Working hour reduction setting. If not a validation note is shown: